Saturday, September 27, 2008

QuickTest Pro, Object Repository export problem, recognize object

This should be in my todo list. In the current Framework, we did a lot of GUI interact actions, more than 1200 actions

Sometime, QTP got crash, stuck, cannot recognize object, the version 8.0 is quiet stable, but QTP9.5 is suck, even we submit ticket but didn't get any support from HP

So, what I want to do here is to write myself API for interacting some objects that QTP cannot or not stable enough. To support that goal, I really want to know deep inside how QTP organize objects. This link, post


"4. There is no fast way to export the object repository to plain text
Unlike WinRunner, where the GUI map was just a plain text file, it is not possible to easily export (and manipulate) the object repository. It is possible though, but you'll have to do it through COM automation on the QTP application. I tried it today, but I failed miserably because I could not access the ActiveX object (probably not enough authorization on my workstation).
However, if I get it working, I will post the code on Automated Chaos.
"

http://automated-chaos.blogspot.com/search/label/object%20repository


Little bit same what I need to know. If you have any experience, idea, can you please share with me? Nice to see you around

No comments:

Digital Inspiration Technology Guide

Change the world with your passion